A dedicated group of employees lies at the heart of any successful organization, and here at Little Arrow Outdoor Resort in Townsend, Tennessee, ours are exceptionally passionate about what they do! This month we’re highlighting our Front Desk staff. Whether you’re calling to make reservations, checking in upon arrival, shopping in our camp store for souvenirs, or wondering what to do while you’re here, these capable team members are ready to help. We talked to our Front Desk mavens Ashley, Kaylea, Robin, Sunshine, Stephanie, and Terry to find out what motivates them every day to serve our campers and glampers to the fullest.
What Do You like Most About Working at Little Arrow?
- Kaylea Smith, Reservation Specialist: My favorite part of my job is working in the mountains. My family is from Elkmont, and my great-grandfather worked for the park service. Ever since I was little, we’ve been staying and visiting Townsend. I have a lot of good memories growing up in the area. Being so close to the Smokies helps me to feel close to my family.
- Ashley Jory, Lodging Manager: What I like most about working for Little Arrow is the feeling of being in a family environment and getting to know people from all different backgrounds.
- Stephanie Yarber, Reservation Specialist: There are many things I like about working at Little Arrow; my favorite part is our tribe! We are a tight knit family and we have a lot of fun together. When customers asks if I like my job, I say, “Of course! I work at the most fun place on earth!” I also get to work with my husband, Steven, so it’s a family affair.
What’s Your Favorite Quote?
- Sherri (Sunshine) Spencer, Reservation Specialist: A favorite quote of mine is: “Every day is a new beginning”!
- Robin Millsaps, Reservation Specialist: Be yourself. Everyone is else taken – Oscar Wilde
- Terry Sheinfield, Reservation Specialist: Have some ice cream. It’ll cheer you up to the moon. – My Granny
What are the Values That Drive You?
- Stephanie: I have always enjoyed working in the tourism industry; it’s special to work in a place that families visit to make lifetime memories! I love to see the smiles and wonder in children’s eyes when they discover our pool and splash pad, or while they tell us about seeing a bear for the first time.
- Kaylea: I’ve always been a hard worker and try my best to be the best I can be for my fellow workers as well as myself.
- Robin: Do your best to give grace to everyone. You never know what a person may be dealing with.
What has the Little Arrow journey been like for you?
- Terry: I find it very challenging and very rewarding at the same time. I learn something new every day, and I go home a good-kind-of-tired.
- Sunshine: I’ve been with Little Arrow since the beginning and have seen a lot of changes over the four years of new ownership. This campground has been transformed into a beautiful upscale resort that is amazing!!
- Ashley: My experience at Little Arrow has been seeing so much growth and change on a daily basis. I also love that I get to grow and change with this company. Being a Little Arrow employee is more than being just an employee – it also means being part of a family unit.
Little Arrow Outdoor Resort started with family, and we’ve expanded the love through our amazing team members. They truly understand how renewing it is to escape to the mountains with the people (and pets) you care most about. Give us a call to book your trip, and meet one of our fantastic Front Desk team members today!